- This event has passed.
Decorative Techniques for Furniture – Stencilling, Hand Painting & Decoupage
June 25, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm£70
Learn decoupage, stencilling and hand painting.
Decorative techniques for furniture – decoupage, stencilling and hand painting are handy skills for the keen upcycler! Join us at our studio in the Arts Complex, Chesser House, 500 Gorgie Road, Edinburgh, EH11 3AF.
Relax and let your creativity flow whilst you learn new skills and techniques for decorating furniture and making wall art, including:
- Stencilling – we have a good selection of stencils and paint colours for you to choose from
- Simple Hand Painting – for those wanting to get creative with small brushes
- Decoupage – we have a great supply of decoupage images and different types of paper for you to choose from
- Guilding Wax – add a subtle hint of shimmer to your design for the perfect finishing touch!
You can bring pre-painted furniture to work on, this is not essential. We’ll provide boards, that can be made into decorative wall pieces. You can practice on these first before applying the techniques that you’ve learned to your furniture.
A light snack, usually a tasty homemade soup or fresh salad will be provided. There is free parking onsite and bus stops right outside the building.
Furniture upcycling gives you the creative freedom to custom design your own furniture and home. Following the workshop, you’ll be fully equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to confidently use the materials and decorative techniques covered.
We offer a 10% discount on furniture painting kits, tools and materials purchased during workshops. Advance booking is essential to secure your place, bookings can be made via PayPal account or card payment.
Tickets are £70.
Did you know?
- A personalised gift invite can be emailed to you for this workshop if you’re purchasing as a gift. Simply include the name of the gift recipient in the comments section when booking. To purchase a gift invite with an open-ended date of 6 months, please visit our store.
- We offer private upcycling classes and parties too, please contact us or call on 07808 161 328 if you would like to find out more.