- This event has passed.
Learn How To Paint Your Furniture – Mar 2018
March 24 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm£65 – £85
Let your creativity flow, learn how to paint your furniture! This class is a great opportunity to relax and have some creative fun.
You gain access to paints / brushes / waxes and can experiment in a friendly and supportive environment without making expensive mistakes. Best of all you get to transform a transform a piece of your furniture and gain the confidence to upcycle more furniture.
During the class, you will learn:
- how to prepare your piece and make your own chalk paint
- practice brush work skills to achieve a flat or textured finish
- taping and distressing
- how to protect your furniture with a wax or varnish
- from our tutor’s knowledge, experience and helpful tips!
You’ll learn the basic techniques required to achieve a clean, finished look for your furniture.
For those interested in the shabby chic look, you’ll be shown how to distress your furniture.
Want a more funky or retro look? You’ll learn how to use masking tape to create designs.
All items pictured on this page were painted by attendees of our furniture painting class. Please bring or pre-order, a small item of wooden furniture to paint e.g. a small side table, coffee table, magazine rack, dining chair, small cabinet or a stool.
Following our furniture painting class, you’ll be fully equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to confidently use the paints and waxes on your own. You’ll be given the remainder of one small pot of chalk paint that you’ve mixed and instructions to take home with you. We offer a 10% discount on furniture painting kits, tools and materials purchased during workshops.
Advance booking is essential to secure your place, bookings can be made via PayPal account or card payment. Refreshments and a light snack will be provided. Come join us at our studio: 6.17, St Margaret’s House, 151 London Road, EH7 6AE. There is free parking onsite (evening & weekends) and bus stops outside the building.
Did you know?
- A personalised gift invite can be emailed to you for this workshop if you’re purchasing as a gift. Simply include the name of the gift recipient in the comments section when booking. To purchase a gift invite with an open-ended date of 6 months, please visit our shop.
- We offer private upcycling classes and parties too, please contact us or call on 07808 161 328 if you would like to find out more.
Come join us and learn how to upcycle!