This workshop is perfect for total beginners who want to learn to sew or those who would like a refresher on using a sewing machine.
It’s a creative session, in textile upcycling, led by Green Designer, Rose Hall of the sustainable fashion label Hamish Mash.
During the workshop you will learn:
- about the different parts of the sewing machine
- how to thread the machine
- how to wind the bobbin
- about the use of appropriate threads, needles and textiles
- how to sew straight lines, reverse, turn corners, free style and finish seams
You’ll mark out and cut a simple pattern and then sew your tote bag and straps from curtains. Yes, we love upcycling 🙂 You can then personalise your bag and embellish it with buttons, fabric flowers and shapes, before taking it home and showing off your new skills!
All materials and equipment will be provided, please bring anything special you would like to use. We have machines to share or bring your own if you like. There will be unlimited tea and coffee to keep you going.
Spaces are limited and advance booking is essential to secure your place, bookings can be made via PayPal account or card payment. Tickets are £25. Scroll down to book your place.
Come join us and learn how to sew and upcycle too!
Did you know?
- We can prepare and email a personalised pdf gift invite for any type of occasion, simply include the type of occasion and name you’d like added to the invite, in the comments section when booking.
- Private workshops parties can also be organised for groups of 5 or more people. Please contact us or call on 07808 161 328 if you would like to find out more.
2 people are attending Learn to Sew – Make a Tote Bag – Refashion Curtains!