Kai Footikum shows us how to make garden furniture from pallets in this upcycling project. It’s quite a simple project to do, if you have basic DIY and sewing skills.
This isn’t a traditional step-by-step ‘how to’ video, it’s a time-lapse of them making their own garden furniture but it does give you a good idea of what is required.
Unfortunately, they don’t show in the video how they joined the pallets together – I’d recommend using hinges (as pictured below).
The materials and equipment that you will need to make your upcycled furniture are shown below.
- Old pallets (3 per chair)
- Exterior wood stain or varnish
- Hinges (8 hinges per chair – 4 to join the base pieces and 4 to join the back and base together)
- 4 castor wheels for the table
- Zips (optional)
- Cushions (optional)
- Paint brush
- Electric spray painter / roller (optional)
- Tape measure
- Pencil or pen (to mark out where to drill / cut)
- Dressmaker / tailors chalk (to mark out the lengths of fabric required)
- Sewing machine
- Bread knife (to cut your foam to size)
Did You Know?
4 million children in the UK live in households that cannot afford to replace worn out or broken furniture and 3 million children live in households that cannot afford to replace broken electrical items.
courtesy of: www.bulkywaste.org
Contact us if you have any upcycling projects that you’d like to share.