Sara from SaraBeautyCorner shows us 4 revamp jeans to shorts ideas, in this video tutorial. She’s come up with some really great styles and she clearly talks us through how to do each one.
I’m also really impressed with the amount of effort that went into filming and editing this video. Apparently it took them 10 days to film this, in more than 10 different locations, and they ended up with 17 hours of filmed material!
The materials and equipment that you’ll need to transform your jeans into these cute shorts are shown below.
- Old jeans (revamp 1,2,3)
- White or very light jeans (revamp 4 – spray painted blue and pink shorts)
- Fabric paint – red and white (revamp 1 – American flag)
- Ribbons (revamp 2 – applique ribbons and beads)
- Beads (revamp 2 – applique ribbons and beads)
- Thread (revamp 2 – applique ribbons and beads)
- Lace (revamp 3 – lacey shorts)
- Fabric spray paint (revamp 4 – spray painted blue and pink shorts)
- Decorative studs (revamp 4 – spray painted blue and pink shorts)
- A safety pin or another pair of shorts as a guide for cutting your jeans (all revamps)
- Scissors (all revamps)
- Tweezers (revamp 1, 3 and 4)
- Nail file or sandpaper (revamp 1, 3 and 4)
- Star stencils (revamp 1)
- Adhesive paper (revamp 1 and 4)
- Masking tape (revamp 1 and 4)
- Cardboard (revamp 1 and 3)
- Paint brushes (revamp 1 and 4)
- Sponge applicators (revamp 1)
- Fabric glue (revamp 2)
- Needle (revamp 2)
- Paper clips (revamp 2)
- 2 rounded objects (revamp 4)
- Old towel (revamp 4)
- Plastic bags or newspaper (revamp 4)
Did you know?
Annually the UK consumes 2.16 million tonnes of clothing and textile products and spends approximately £38.4 billion on clothing. We also generate 2 million tonnes of textile waste (inc. clothing, carpets and footwear) annually (of which approx 1 million is clothing).
courtesy of: clothesaid.co.uk
Sign up for our email newsletter below and keep up to date with our latest upcycling finds!