Hozby shows us 3 upcycling ideas for old frames in this upcycling video tutorial. By using stencil stickers, wrapping them with yarn or covering them in fabric, it gives the frames a completely new lease of life!
When spray painting, please ensure that you wear a mask and spray in a well ventilated area. The materials and equipment that you will need to upcycle your old frames are shown below.
- 3 picture frames
- Sticky dots (first example)
- Spray paint (first example)
- Ball of wool (second example)
- Fabric large enough to cover your frame (third example)
- Spray paint respiratory mask (first example)
- Sandpaper (first example)
- Masking tape (second example)
- Staple gun (third example)
- Scissors (second and third example)
I do wonder how the glass and backing would sit on the frame wrapped with wool a thicker wool, I think perhaps a few staples in the inner rim would help push the wool in and make it sit a bit easier.
Let us know if you try this and whether you had any problems with fitting in the glass and the back panel and how you resolved it. Please also comment if you have any other ideas for upcycling frames.