- This event has passed.
Refashion – Extreme Patching
March 19, 2017 @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm$25
Wear your repairs with Pride! Join us for an extreme patching workshop and show your support for Slow Fashion. At this creative sewing workshop you’ll discover that patches are not just for covering holes; that they can be a bold decorative statement too.
This is a creative session, in textile upcycling, led by Green Designer, Rose Hall of the sustainable fashion label Hamish Mash.
If you can use a sewing machine, that’s great, otherwise you could use your hand sewing skills instead.
Bring along your imagination and a piece to work on, it could be your ripped jeans, a frayed shirt or an elbowed jacket. If fact any clothing in need of a refresh.
We will be covering;
- preparing and designing your piece
- different types of patches
- techniques for attaching a patch and simple hand embroidery stitches
- invisible mending too!
There will be design assistance and guidance from our experienced patcher, Rose, and examples for inspiration.
If you have any particular fabric/clothing, lace, doilies, buttons, bling/old jewellery you would like to use, bring them along. We’ll provide a small supply of scrap fabric, basic haberdashery, all tools, sewing machines and refreshments.
Spaces are limited and advance booking is essential to secure your place, bookings can be made via PayPal account or card payment. Tickets are £20. Scroll down to book your place.
Come join us and learn how to get your patch on!
Did you know?
- We can prepare and email a personalised pdf gift invite for any type of occasion, simply include the type of occasion and name you’d like added to the invite, in the comments section when booking.
- Private workshops parties can also be organised for groups of 5 or more people. Please contact us or call on 07808 161 328 if you would like to find out more.
Scroll down to book your place on this workshop.