- This event has passed.
Furniture Painting Workshop
February 25, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm$65 – $85
The furniture painting workshop is a fun introduction to upcycling furniture. Relax and let your creativity flow whilst you learn new skills and customise your furniture.
You’re welcome to bring along or pre-order, a small item of wooden furniture e.g. a small side table, coffee table, magazine rack, dining chair, small cabinet or a stool. During the furniture painting workshop, we will guide you through:
- prepping and designing your piece of furniture
- making your own chalk paint
- how to paint your furniture
- achieving a flat finish
- achieving a distressed / shabby chic look
- taping techniques
- how to protect your furniture with wax
You’ll learn the basic techniques required to achieve a clean, finished look for your furniture.
For those interested in the shabby chic look, you’ll be shown how to distress your furniture.
Want a more funky or retro look? You’ll learn how to use masking tape to create designs.
Furniture upcycling gives you the creative freedom to custom design your own furniture and home. Following the workshop, you’ll be fully equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to confidently use the paints and waxes on your own. You’ll be given one small pot of chalk paint that you’ve mixed and instructions to take home with you.
Light refreshments will be provided. We also offer a 10% discount on furniture painting kits, tools and materials purchased during workshops.
Please note the workshop will be held on the first floor of the building which is accessed by a set of stairs or stair lift (for disabled access). There is free on-street parking outside this venue but it can be busy. The area is well serviced by local buses.
Spaces are limited and advance booking is essential to secure your place, bookings can be made via PayPal account or card payment. Tickets are £65. Scroll down to book your place.
Come join us and learn how to upcycle!
Did you know?
- We can prepare and email a personalised pdf gift invite for any type of occasion, simply include the type of occasion and name you’d like added to the invite, in the comments section when booking.
- Private workshops parties can also be organised for groups of 5 or more people. Please contact us or call on 07808 161 328 if you would like to find out more.
Scroll down to book your place on this workshop.