Kim Munro, from The Twisted Crafts, shows us how to upcycle a record into a wrist cuff. She has has a couple of bonus items in her step by step video tutorial. The materials and equipment that you need for this tutorial are listed below.
- A LP record – Kim recommends a record from the 1970’s onwards as older records are thicker and tend to be more difficult to cut and manipulate
- Some felt – not for the wrist cuff, for another item…
- Heat resistant gloves
- A glass jar – the circumference of the jar should be slightly bigger than your wrist
- An old oven tray – we recommend that you use / have a tray dedicated purely for crafting purposes not one that you use for cooking food
- A large pair of sharp scissors
- A ring gauge or something that this the same size as your finger – again this is not for the wrist cuff, it’s for another item…
- An oven pre-heated to 200º
Have you tried this tutorial? How did it turn out? What other ideas do you have for upcycled record jewellery?
Leave your comments below.