Lindsay Weirich from The Frugal Crafter shows us how to upcycle aluminium cans into earrings in this step by step video tutorial.
The cans that Lindsay used have a lovely design and nice colours so they make beautiful earrings. If you have cans that are not so appealing or not the colours that you want, you could paint the front as well as the back and you can also add images or stamps to them as well.
The materials and equipment that you will need to follow this tutorial are listed below.
- Aluminium can
- Assorted beads
- Alcohol inks (or sharpie pens or nail varnish)
- Beading wire or 6 ready made jump rings
- 2 eye pin findings
- 2 fish hook earring finding
- Lever punch – medium round 1”
- Lever punch – small round ½”
- Round hole punch pliers
- Round nose pliers
- Wire cutters / snips
- Wooden Dapping Block with Punches
Let us know if you have made something similar with your old drinking cans, leave a comment below.