Magic shows us how to upcycle pallets into a coffee table in this video. It’s quite a simple project to complete and you really don’t need a lot of DIY skills to make this fantastic upcycled pallet table!
It really does looks great with the frosted glass insets. You can order toughened frosted glass pieces, cut to the size that you specify, at your local glaziers.
PLEASE check that the pallets you want to use are safe to reuse and that they are not from a rental company (rental pallets are usually coloured). Read the following article for more guidance on this – Are Wood Pallets Safe For Reuse? by Earth991.com.
The materials and equipment that you will need to make your upcycled coffee table are shown below.
- 2 pallets
- 4 hinges
- Screws (to fix the hinges on)
- Strips of toughened frosted glass (cut to size to fit in between the pallet slats)
- Super glue
- Clear wax (Briwax was used in the video)
- Clear varnish (Ronseal Matt Coat was used in the video)
- Sandpaper – recommend 80, 120 and 180 grit and work your way through these, roughest (80) to the smoothest (18)
- Small household brush
- Protective rubber gloves (for use when waxing)
- Masking Tape
- Paint Brush
Did You Know?
Approximately 140,000 tonnes of waste wood pallets and crates is sent to landfills in Sydney alone each year. If this was commercially recycled, that would be the equivalent “everyday” savings of 840,000 households’ energy use for a month.
courtesy of: www.businessrecycling.com.au
Sign up for our weekly newsletter below!