There are so many great things about chalk paint… There is no sanding, no priming and no prep required! It only takes one coat of paint and the coverage is fantastic 🙂
It is recommended that you protect the painted surfaces with either varnish or wax.
The materials and equipment that you’ll need to upcycle old chairs with chalk paint are shown below.
- Old chairs
- Chalk finish paint (Mark uses Americana Decor in various colours)
- Fabric to recover the seat cushion
- Varnish (Mark uses an ultra matt varnish)
- Screwdriver (might be needed to remove the seat cushion)
- Paint brushes
- Soft cloth
- Sanding block / Sandpaper /
- Staple gun
Did You Know?
Furniture reuse in the UK diverts 90,000 tons of waste from landfill.
courtesy of: www.bulkywaste.org
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and you’ll be emailed a summary of the upcycling tutorials added each week.