Tatiana from Recycled Bottle Crafts shows us how to make upcycled bottle ladybirds! A great crafting project, that the kids are sure to love.
There are no vocals on the video, but you can clearly follow the steps taken to make the ladybirds.
Tatiana used little polystyrene balls for the head in this video, if you want to fit in even more upcycling you could use plastic bottle tops instead 😉
The materials and equipment that you’ll need to make your upcycled bottle ladybirds are shown below.
- Empty plastic bottle
- Paint – you will need a minimum of 2 colours, 1 for the coat and 1 for the spots
- Small polystyrene ball (or bottle tops!) for the head
- Plastic fork (to make the antennae)
- Googly eyes
- Craft knife
- Small container to hold the paint
- Paint brush
- Cocktail sticks (to help with painting the polystyrene ball)
- Candle / lighter
- Hot glue gun
Did You Know?
In 2009, almost 30 million tons of plastics were generated in the United States, and only around 2 million tons were recovered / recycled.
courtesy of: www.kab.org
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and keep up to date with our latest upcycling finds!